Celebrating Fred Hutch’s shared successes toward ending cancer
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center released its annual report for 2013, which is now available for reading and PDF download.
The report’s theme, “ending cancer together,” focuses on the collaboration of Fred Hutch’s scientists, colleagues, physicians, study participants and thousands of private supporters to save lives.
- In memoriam: a tribute to pioneering researcher Dr. E. Donnall Thomas
- The millionth bone marrow transplant
- Dr. Sunil Hingorian’s breakthrough in pancreatic research
- Development of a state-of-the-art HIV vaccine lab in Cape Town, South Africa
- Dr. Hans-Peter Kiem’s development of a drug that protects blood cells from damage during chemotherapy
Read about these and other inspiring stories, along with profiles of several of the Hutch’s benefactors here.